When it comes to reading, the joy of getting lost in a good book is enough to motivate my girls. Whether you’ve got a reluctant reader in your home or you just want to reward your bookworm,take advantage of one these summer reading programs:
- Kids can get a free book at Barnes & Noble with the Imagination’s Destination summer reading program. If kids in grades 1-6 read 8 books & submit a form, they’ll get to choose a free kid’s book. As always, the deal is valid at participating locations only. Kids can exchange their completed forms for a free book through September 4, 2012.
- If they take the PBK Summer Reading Challenge & read all of the books on Pottery Barn Kids’ list, they’ll receive a free book. The program runs through August 22, 2012, at participating locations.
- If your children read daily for two weeks & fill out a Reading Rewards Calendar, they can swap it for 10 free tokens at Chuck E. Cheese’s. Food purchase required. Limit one free token coupon per child per day at participating locations. The offer expires December 31, 2012.
- With the Feed Your Brain summer reading program at Half Price Books, kids can read to earn HPB Back-to-School Bucks. Once kids read for 300 minutes in June & July, they can swap their HPB reading log for $5 HPB Back-to-School Bucks. The deal is valid for kids age 14 & under. The HPB Bucks will be valid from July 25-August 31, 2012, only.
- If your children in grades K-8 take the Sylvan Book Adventure, they can take quizzes on what they read to earn prizes, like temporary tattoos, a subscription to Highlights, ebooks, & more.